- Category: The Music Corner
- Created: Thursday, 18 September 2014 07:03
Why is the US marketing appealing for entertainment companies?
Are these K-pop idols not popular enough to remain in Asia?
Who do you think is the next idol to attempt to enter the US music industry? Tweet us your answers: @the_musiccorner
Our list of successful K-pop idols to make it in America include: GD | Taeyang |CL
We have seen & heard some breakthrough stories, but not many we can say were successful. Let’s review a few semi-unsuccessful attempts.
- English version of Eat You Up (2008).
- Released self titled US album. Performed at Universal Studios City Walk (2009).
- Headlined SF Pride (2009).
- Debut US movie Make Your Move (2014).
Wonder Girls >
- English version of NoBody (2009).
- Opening act for Jonas Brothers concert (2010).
- Appeared on the Wendy William’s show (2013).
- Aired The Wonder Girls Movie on Nickelodeon (2013).
Girls’ Generation >
- Released English version of The Boys (2012).
- Appeared on Late Show with David Letterman & Live! With Kelly (2012).
Crayon Pop >
- Opening act for Lady Gaga (2014).
- Release debut English song of I Did It (2014)